Terms and Conditions
COVID 19 – Ammendments to Terms and Conditions -1st May 2020
From 1st May 2020, any new bookings made for the 2020 or 2021 rental season will benefit from our Covid 19 booking policy.
This will apply in the following circumstances;
• You are unable to travel because of a Government Lockdown/Movement Restriction due to Covid 19 being in place in Ireland or in the country you are travelling from.
• Travel from the country you are travelling from is not possible as a result of Covid19.
If you pay a 25% booking deposit or if you pay the entire booking amount for a booking in 2020 and you are unable to travel for the above reasons then you can transfer this money you have paid to different booking dates within the 2020 or 2021 booking seasons without penalty. If you are unsure of the dates you wish to rebook, we can issue you with a voucher to allow you to choose dates when you are ready.
If you pay for a booking in 2021 and are then unable to travel for the above reasons, then in the same way you will be allowed re-book within the 2021 or 2022 season.
Standard Terms and Conditions
A deposit of 25% of the total hire price is required to secure an advance booking. Full rental charges are payable at least 40 days before the start of hire. Payments must be made by cash, credit/debit card or bank transfer.
Rental Opening Hours:
The office is open Monday to Saturday from 09.00 hrs to 20.00 hrs.
Collection / Return:
Collection of our Campervans is between 14.00hrs and 20.00hrs. The campervans must be returned by 10.00hrs to allow us sufficient time to prepare for re-hire.
Clients who return the vehicles later than 10.00hrs without prior agreement will be charged 50 Euro per hour up to a full night’s rental.
The named driver must be aged 25 to 75 years old and hold a clean drivers license valid in the United Kingdom for 2 years. The insurance policy has an excess, that is, clients are Responsible for the first 1350 euro of damage. All accidents must be advised immediately. Where third parties are involved, their details must be furnished when the vehicle is returned. Only one additional driver is permitted.
Persons excluded by our insurers;
1. Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
2. Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
Persons who may have to pay additional insurance loadings;
Please contact us if any of the following apply to you;
1. Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
2. Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
3. Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
4. Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
The hirer is liable to pay a security deposit of 1350 Euro to cover incidents causing damage. This includes loss of skylights, mirrors, window or windscreen damage, impact with stationary objects, driver negligence, returning late or in an unsatisfactory condition, tyre damage etc. The hirer must notify us immediately of any accidents or mishaps that occur so that we may do everything possible to ensure the next client is not inconvenienced. Please ensure that your credit card is sufficiently funded so that this amount can be authorised at time of hire.
A cleaning fee of 100 euro will be charged from the security deposit if the campervan is not returned with the interior in a clean condition. Out of respect for our employees, we must insist that the toilet is emptied and cleaned. Please note an additional fee of 50 euros will be charged from the security deposit if the campervan toilet is not completely emptied and washed out on return.
A full tank of fuel will be supplied, please return with the Fuel tank completely full. Fuel used will be deducted from the security deposit.
Parking Fines, Speeding Fines and Other Driving Penlaties
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees relating to any traffic violation under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
In the event of cancellation of the booking by the client the following charges shall be incurred:
More than 40 days before: The 25% Booking Deposit will be retained.
40 days to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
West Coast Campervans advise that clients should have their own holiday/travel insurance to cover such loss.
An inventory of the equipment necessary for you to enjoy your holiday will be furnished and checked with you at the start and end of the hire period.
Smoking and Fire Safety:
Smoking and the lighting of candles are strictly prohibited in our campervans. For your safety our campervans have been fitted with smoke alarms.
Conditions of Supply:
Whilst every effort will be made to supply the model ordered, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle should circumstances dictate.
Standard Terms and Conditions are detailed on our Formal Rental Agreements.
It is an important condition of hire that unfortunately, animals are not allowed in the Campervan.